Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish fatal accident enquries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 14 Oct 2011 17:00

Hi,how do I go about finding information on a fatal accident that happened in 1931 in Glasgow?There is info on the back of the death certicate re the Procurator Fiscal.Also,how do I go about looking in newspapers to see if there was an article written about this?many thanks

Joan

Joan Report 14 Oct 2011 17:59

If you can't get to Glasgow yourself, the records office there probably has researchers who could look up local papers to see if the accident was reported. J
Google 'Glasgow Records Office' for the ddress etc

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 14 Oct 2011 18:35

You could also try searching the catalogue online for the National Archives of Scotland

http://www.nas.gov.uk/onlineCatalogue/

Sorcha

Sorcha Report 15 Oct 2011 15:16

Wendy
I have sent you a PM. I will have a look in the newspapers next week to see if accident is reported.
Sorcha