Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grey Green Coaches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glenys

Glenys Report 16 Oct 2011 18:07

Help! Does anyone have any idea where I would find employee records for Grey/Green Coaches - owned by the Ewer family in Stamford Hill. I am trying to trace my elusive Grandfather. He apparently worked for them late 1940's/1950's and possibly even into the early 1960's.
Thanks
Glenys

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Oct 2011 18:11

I presume you've tried Google - there's a lot of results which may yield some links?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Oct 2011 18:35

Have you tried a workplace search on Friends Reunited? Search under grey geen coaches, no slash or hyphen.

http://www.friendsreunited.com/signedin/workgroup.aspx?work_key=395730

Jan

Perchino

Perchino Report 16 Oct 2011 19:09

Is this the firm?

Horseshoe memories_Ray Swain
Anyway at one time George Ewers daughter was the transport manager at their Stamford Hill depot. One of the Horseshoe drivers left ‘Grey-Green’ as she used to come ...
tottenham-summerhillroad.com/horseshoe_rayswain.htm -

Edit:

Transport Diversions Emporium - GREY - GREEN AND ...
The basis of Tom McLachlan's new book is the business that was recognised as Grey-Green Coaches that began with the Ewer Family Greengrocery business ...

www.transportdiversions.com/catalog.asp?pubid=6549 - Similar

Glenys

Glenys Report 17 Oct 2011 16:06

Thank you for all information
Glenys