Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Wynnes Arms Ffestiniog

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 18 Oct 2011 23:43

Does anyone know of a family named Jones who ran the Wynnes Arms Pubic house, Manod Rd. Ffestiniog. They are believed to have had a son Wilfred.

jax

jax Report 18 Oct 2011 23:50

A Family called Jones in Wales :-)

Is this recent or before 1911?

Linda

Linda Report 18 Oct 2011 23:54

This I am not sure. It is believed Wilfred was born about 1922 but I don't know at what stage in his life his parents had the pub

jax

jax Report 19 Oct 2011 00:34

It maybe worth trying to contact the pub they may be able to give you info on where to find previous landlords

??

Births Sep 1922 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones Wilfred Roberts Festiniog 11b 593

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2011 20:22

I have a bit more information, they were definately there in 1946. Also Willfred himself run the Oaks Tavern in Birmingham after World War 2 but for how long I don't know.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Oct 2011 20:26

If you know what street the Oaks Tavern was on, you can check electoral register. If you are unable to visit yourself, I am happy to check for you as I am visiting the library week after next.
jan