Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question about Ancestry website speed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 19 Oct 2011 20:12

For the last week i've been having problems with the Ancestry.co.uk site and was wondering if i'm the only one? It seems to be taking ages to change from page to page and viewing images have almost come to a stand still. No other website is doing this on my computer so i was wondering if it's affecting anyone else

Thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 19 Oct 2011 20:34

Duplicate

trafiklitedol

trafiklitedol Report 19 Oct 2011 20:55

Had the same problem. Hadn't been on Ancestry for a while and thought it may have been a maintenance problem? Will give it try in a couple of days and see if things have improved (I live in hope).

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2011 23:40

They are doing some maintenance work i think as i have messages saying due to site maintenance they cant show all records when giving some responses to searches.

They usually resolve things quickly so I come out of the site and then try later

Kiwibird

Kiwibird Report 20 Oct 2011 05:54

The Problem of slowness you were encounting, were likely to have been caused by the high volume of visitors to all the Ancestry sites due to them opening up 15 different record collections for free over a period of 15 days to mark there 15th Birthday.

wisechild

wisechild Report 20 Oct 2011 08:34

Thought of that Kiwibird, but it was still as bad yesterday afternoon.