Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gladys May Johnson Info Needed Adealiade SA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 22 Oct 2011 01:11

Hi
I would appreciate anyone how can help me find any living relatives of my great aunt Gladys May Johnson born 04 Sep 1921 in Adelaide South Australia,she married James Albert Turner,they had 2 girls Helen and Lorraine .
In 1976 Gladys had 5 grandchildren David,Michael,Kelley,Mathew and Amy but i'm not sure which of the 2 girls was their mother.
Gladys had 2 sisters Mavis Irene Johnson b.04 Feb 1923 Bowden SA and Elizabeth "Betty" Johnson .c1929.
Mavis married Bob unknown surname and Betty married Addie unknown Surname.
As all the info i needed is after the info provided BDM cd's im not sure how to research Gladys and her sisters.

thanks

Steve

Lynski

Lynski Report 22 Oct 2011 23:00

Have you tried Search Trees on this site?

If you find a possible match you could contact the tree owner to see if you have a connection.

Steven

Steven Report 22 Oct 2011 23:23

That's the first thing i tried...thanks anyway.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Oct 2011 01:23

There's a death for a James Albert here:

http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Rose

Valerie

Valerie Report 23 Oct 2011 04:18

yes... the 'Ryerson Index' shows a death notice for James Albert Turner d 19/1/2006 ..age 85yrs ... notice was in the 'Adelaide Advertiser' 20/1/2006.

'Ryerson's (on-line) will do a 'look-up' of this notice.

Also...the 'South Australian State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask Us' librarian service...they will check newspaper death notice - (20/1/2006) as well as electoral rolls - past & present.

Valerie (WAus)

Steven

Steven Report 24 Oct 2011 10:45

Yes i had James Albert Turner's death date from http://aca.sa.gov.au/ ,i planned on going to the State Library soon to look at the death notice.
I imagine it would give me the christian names of his relatives that have place a notice in the Advertiser,thats how i got the info about from the death notice of his wifes father ( my great uncle) John Johnson.
The part i dont know is how to find out their surnames..
I got James Alberts surname ( Turner) from my fathers cousin who is still alive and she can remember his surname but not the surname of James Alert Turner wifes sisters.
I see the 'Ryerson Index' is for deaths,is there a SA index for marriages ? or births like that ?..thanks

Steven

Steven Report 26 Oct 2011 06:33

Bump,anyone can help please??

Quoy

Quoy Report 26 Oct 2011 09:46

Hello

this could be Mavis

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950

Marriage & Divorce

NAME:
Irene Mavis Johnson
SPOUSE: