Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree software

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 24 Oct 2011 11:18

Can anyone advise me please as to how to get round a problem.
Have been creating my tree for the last four to five years on a FTM[1997 version] GSP company.
As this tree has reached nearly 800 names it will not print as the font is restricted to nine sheets of A4 size paper.The tree is of landscape format and on screen is perfectly legible.
As i want to create a folder type printed edition[ie name DOB location,marriage,occupation and eventual death[page by page ] so as to build up a historical record of each generation.
I am told on the software that this will not recreate if exported in a line format but would a gedcom reader solve this.
As i have no wish to re-enter all details,is there a software package that will allow me to re-create this tree by direct transfer.
Would appreciate some guidance in this matter.
Regards.
Michael.

Lynski

Lynski Report 24 Oct 2011 11:37

Duplicate post probably because of the slowness of this site lately?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Oct 2011 11:38

Dup thread. See my answer on your other thread. It would then be advisable to delete in order to avoid confusion.