Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1930s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Priscilla

Priscilla Report 30 Oct 2011 19:12

We are looking to find any info re family members that lived in sunbury upon themes in the 1930s. We are going very near there tomorrow and staying intill tuesday afternoon. can anyone advice me where to to find out anything that i can, I have an address for them at this time! Research i've done in the past has mostly been on line and census's etc so im not sure what i can look for that would help me in my research or where to look? Any tips? check back later xx

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Oct 2011 20:03

You could try looking at the address on the electoral register, but this is usually kept at the nearest main library - you need to google to see where the archives are!
It will only tell you names of people eligble to vote though, not sure how helpful this would be?
The other thing is to check out if there is an old primary school nearby where any children might have attended. Just for interest!
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Oct 2011 20:12

Baptism/marriage parish records, Electoral rolls if you have address. Bear in mind that there won't be any ER during WW2.

Surrey History Centre,
130 Goldsworth Road,
Woking, Surrey GU21 6ND
Tel: 01483 518737
Fax: 01483 518738
Email: [email protected]

Sunbury library (closed Wednesdays)
Phone: 0300 200 1001 - it might be best to call ahead to see what they hold, if anything.