Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mistake on my tree I can't delete......help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathrine

Cathrine Report 7 Nov 2011 19:54

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to delete on my tree, somehow I have attached the wrong person as father, tried deleting the 'children' but it wont let me. What am i doing wrong????
thank you
Cathrine :-S

Cathrine

Cathrine Report 7 Nov 2011 20:51

thank you
think I will export tree and continue with it offline anyway.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Nov 2011 06:43

In the example you have described it should be relatively straightforward. Add an additional father with the correct details and move the children across. Then delete the old one. Alternatively change the details of the wrong person to what they should be.

If you are still unable to sort things out, email GR Support with the details of what you require changing and they will correct it for you.

Susan

Susan Report 8 Nov 2011 08:34

Cathrine

In my tree I had the same problem ,I just changed the details of the person in the same box,or as IGP said add another father ,then delete the other one that is wrong.

Suex