Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Fanily Historian

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

junemac

junemac Report 25 Nov 2011 06:12

Now I 'm not sure where to post this or in fact what the correct way to ask .
A friend is trying to contact by email an Australian Family Historain who used to post her trees online etc .

Now this lady doesnt seem to have added to her online site since around 2006 so it's possible this historian may be unwell or possibly even have passed away .We cant find out ,but I'm not sure if it's okay to post her name on these boards because of rules etc .

Could someone advise me if it's okay and if by chance it is which board would I post . Thank you

moonbi

moonbi Report 25 Nov 2011 07:31

If you are thinking of Janet Reake, then yes sadly she did pass away some years ago.

junemac

junemac Report 25 Nov 2011 08:05

Thanks moonbi no thats not the lady concerned but thanks for your reply .

Could you please tell me what's the for want of a better word the procedure ? Am I correct in thinking I cant name a person who's more than likely alive and well .

I'm guessing I cant .If that's the case I'm thinking your possibley in Aus as we're both posted on Aus thread recently .Can you think of a way of possibley trying to find news ? Thanks again

Adeline

Adeline Report 25 Nov 2011 09:54

To eliminate a possible Australian death you could try the Ryerson Index. You can search for death announcements in Australian newspapers:

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

junemac

junemac Report 25 Nov 2011 10:48

Thank you Adeline nothing under her name ,guess like me she may have her tree under maiden name not married .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Nov 2011 11:32

Have you tried sending her a message via this site? Even if she isn't active, if she still has the same email address, and is able to use the internet. she should be able to reply.

I thought that an elderly contact was no longer able to respond, then out of the blue, I got an email giving a new email address - so you never know.

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Nov 2011 11:41

Hallo June ...........you could try the 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) on-line ...... they have an 'Ask a Librarian' service ...they will check electoral rolls - past & present ......also newspaper death notices.

Valerie (WAus)

junemac

junemac Report 25 Nov 2011 22:27

Detective I tried searching her name on here and it doesnt show up ,so she may never have had her tree on here . There was email connected to her online site and it's no longer valid .

Valerie your idea sounds promising I've not visisted National Library online.

Thanks to you both for your help,much appreciated .

June

junemac

junemac Report 26 Nov 2011 22:42

Thanks Helen it looks promising ,so i'll pass the information on .Do you belong to a group I am also a member on ? ;-)