Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

phyllis ratchford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rottie

rottie Report 27 Nov 2011 13:16

i have tried fof quite a long time to find the elusive phyllis i have her birth in 1931 hammersmith london oarents john and johanna[ nee mccoy] ratchford but unable to find anything else abot her i am not sure if she married or even still alive, please can anyone help it would be much appreciated many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Report 27 Nov 2011 13:21

Could this be why yoy can't find her?

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaths Mar 1932 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ratchford Phyllis 0 Fulham 1a 505

Andy

rottie

rottie Report 27 Nov 2011 13:45

hello andy thank you it makes sense to me . it seems that the girls in this family never lived pat 4 yrs but the boys did ...i wonder why. shall find out eventually .many thanks i couldnt find her anywhere

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Nov 2011 05:08

buy her death certificate, and then you will find out what she died of.

That may give you a clue!

A certificate costs £9.25 from GRO (General Register Office), including p&p. Never pay any more than that ... some sites charge much much more.

This is the site:-

www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

sylvia

Flick

Flick Report 28 Nov 2011 10:13

TIP:

When searching on freebmd..........especially for fairly uncommon names......click on 'all records'...........you may save yourself a lot of time.

rottie

rottie Report 28 Nov 2011 20:25

yhank you sylvia and flick i shall do as suggested