Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death in 2006

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ali

Ali Report 29 Nov 2011 11:02

Hi everyone,
If someone has died in 2006 will i have to ring all the cemeterys in the area? there are 20 of them or is there another way? thank you.

Joy

Joy Report 29 Nov 2011 11:07

Do you have the person's death certificate?

Ali

Ali Report 29 Nov 2011 11:12

no not yet, i only just found out he died in april 2006 in sutton surrey, i have called sutton cemetery & they don't have him there, the lady gave me a list of 19 other cemeterys

Joy

Joy Report 29 Nov 2011 11:14

As it is recent if you would like to send a message to me (click on my name to do so) with the person's name, I shall find the death registration for you. Then if you want to send for the certificate you can do so.

Ali

Ali Report 29 Nov 2011 11:45

thank you Joy

does anyone know if i have to ring every cemetery or is there another easier way please?

Joy

Joy Report 29 Nov 2011 12:55

If you obtain the certificate, perhaps you could contact the informant?

Janet

Janet Report 29 Nov 2011 13:11

Usually there will be an obituary in the local paper which will give the details of the funeral. Where I live, 70% of the population are cremated so that might also be a consideration as I imagine that it will be similar around the country.-jl

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Nov 2011 14:10

His home address on the death cert may point to being buried in the nearest cemetery which are usually now municipal ones, so you could contact the Parks & Cemeteries dept of the Local Council .

It is always possible though he may have been cremated. If you feel its appropriate you could contact the informant whose address should be on the cert too

Ali

Ali Report 1 Dec 2011 19:41

Thank you very much everyone, after a morning on the phone talking to a zillion people i finally found my dad & now my family & i can lay some flowers

alison

Joy

Joy Report 1 Dec 2011 21:58

Thank you for letting us know.

I am very pleased that you will be able to visit to pay your respects.

Tudor

Tudor Report 2 Dec 2011 01:17

Allotment.

I've had a look at the site mentioned by you. Do you know how far back the notices go ????

Thanks for the tip !