Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beirut Marriages.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 29 Nov 2011 15:45

Looking for a marriage in 1960's !!

Many months ago I asked for help on this request.

I E-Mailed British Embassy -Beirut, but unfortunately they only deal with Visa application forms and not too helpful either.
Although I have looked on Google nothing seems to state where I can research for a marriage in Beirut.

Any advance on my findings ....Please .

Marilyn ....

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2011 17:04

Has anyone looked on FMP for you?

British nationals married overseas 1818-2005

Obviously only relevant if one of them was British. Apart from Lebanon, might other countries have their own 'overseas' registers if applicable?

Have you read this? Assuming one person was a British Citizen with details relevant today. Can't recall if Lebanon was going through one of its uprisings 50 years ago!!

http://tiny.cc/kpran

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 29 Nov 2011 18:26

Awh Thanks DetEcTive,

I'll wander around and study all you have suggested..

The persons marriage I'm looking for has a British Mother but Greek Father that lived in Lebanon ,
Daughter was born in Lebanon....so its not looking good !! It was a known fact that she was married in Beirut.

Thanks for your help ..

Marilyn .... :-S

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 29 Nov 2011 21:17

You could try the message boards on www.genforum.genealogy.com
From the home page go to 'Countries' and post your question on there. I'm not saying you'll get the answer to your specific question, but someone is usually able to point you in the right direction.

Or try the message boards at rootsweb.com?

K

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 30 Nov 2011 03:20

Thanks Karen.

I have joined genforum.....what a state I got into ...LOL.... my goodness one needed a diploma to understand how to join !!

But I did succeed now awaiting for any replies .....Hopes !! :-)

Although I could not see my request on the messages....maybe it takes time ...Hmm or I have done it wrong ..LOL

Marilyn x

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 30 Nov 2011 07:10

GRMarilyn,
I started using genforum.genealogy.com a long time ago and I suppose I've got used to it over the years, forgetting that it might not be easy for new people - ooops sorry you found it difficult!
I've just taken a look on the Lebanon Forum on the site, and I don't see a new posting, or have you put yours elsewhere, ie General Forum or somewhere else??

K

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 30 Nov 2011 13:04

Karen ...LOL

Somehow I dont think I did it correctly !!

I did print two messages....

Up came my messages on the screen.......now is that suppose to happen ?

Then when I clicked on, *any messages TODAY* it said NO MESSAGES has been added today !!

I'm going back today to see where I went wrong........

Marilyn x

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 30 Nov 2011 13:40

What part of it should I find your posting? Lebanon, General, Miscellaneous, somewhere else??

K

Edit: OK I can see that the last posting on the Lebanon Forum was 13/11/11, so not on there.