Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert R. Reeve

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Dec 2011 15:50

Does anyone know the whereabouts, alive or dead, of Robert Richard Reeve, born May 1916 at The Street, Gillingham, Beccles, Suffolk. Mother was Alice Reeve born 1891 and she had a twin sister May. He was known as Bobby. Any small bit of information would be great. He had a brother Frederick and sister Esther.

Pam

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Dec 2011 16:14

maybe ?

Richard Robert Reeve 1916 Oct-Nov-Dec 1970 Carmarthen Carmarthenshire

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Dec 2011 16:21

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005
about Richard Robert Reeve Name: Richard Robert Reeve
Birth Date: 6 May 1916
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1970
Age at Death: 54
Registration district: Carmarthen
Inferred County: Carmarthenshire
Volume: 8a
Page: 1208

Pamela

Pamela Report 8 Dec 2011 15:38

Hi Thelma, thanks for that. I always thought it was Robert Richard as my Dad always called him Bobby. He lost touch when they were youngsters and he always thought he went to Australia but there is no mention of it anywhere. Dad has since died. It may well be him. Could I ask are you a relation at all or did you know of him. Would love to know more if you have anything.
Pam

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Dec 2011 16:13

Thelma may be related, but in all probability, is not. She has used her account on Ancestry to look for a possible death.

For instance, from freebmd, this is likely to be his birth registration.

Births Jun quarter 1916
Reeve Robert R Reeve Loddon 4b 374

Assuming the Carmarthen death is correct, then he must have chosen to be known by his middle name - hence the transposition on his death registration.

At some point in the last century, the place of birth, if known, was given on the death certificate. No doubt someone can supply the exact year that was introduced. It might be worth splashing out for the certificate to see if the registration is likely to be yours.

Thelma

Thelma Report 8 Dec 2011 16:15

I am sorry Pamela I know nothing other than what is on this thread.
I can see another birth which complicates things;
Name: Richard F R Reeve
Birth: Jun 1916 - Camberwell, Greater London
If the birthdate is correct for your Robert, 06/05/1916 then I suggest you may have to buy the death cert.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 8 Dec 2011 16:42

You need to buy certs to help your search

REEVE, Robert Head Married M 61 1850 Farm Labourer Norfolk Hetherset VIEW
REEVE, Sarah Wife Married
31 years F 58 1853 Norfolk Hetherset VIEW
REEVE, Edward Son Married M 31 1880 Farm Labourer Norfolk Hetherset VIEW
REEVE, Frank Son Single M 27 1884 Farm Labourer Norfolk Brandon VIEW
REEVE, Arthur Son Single M 24 1887 Farm Labourer Norfolk Norwich VIEW
REEVE, Ernest Son Single M 21 1890 Farm Labourer Norfolk Hetherset VIEW
>>>>>>REEVE, May Daughter Single F 19 1892 Norfolk Barford VIEW
>>>>>>REEVE, Alice Daughter Single F 19 1892 Norfolk Barford VIEW
REEVE, Robert Son M 15 1896 Farm Labourer Norfolk Old Buckenham VIEW
REEVE, Fred Grandson M 0 (4 MONTH) 1911 Norfolk Gillingham VIEW
SMITH, Charles Lodger M 32 1879 Blacksmith Army Pensioner Suffolk Ipswich VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
11397 Reference:
RG14PN11397 RG78PN621 RD229 SD1 ED9 SN55

Registration District:
Loddon Sub District:
Aldeby Enumeration District:
9 Parish:
Gillingham

Address:
The Street Gillingham Beccles

Pamela

Pamela Report 8 Dec 2011 19:02

Thank you so much all of you. I will have to see if I can get a death certificate so I know for certain. I have the record of the family which Lindsey has added although Robert wasn't born at that time as Alice who was 19 on there was his Mother and Frederick the Grandson was my Father.
Grateful thanks to all,
Pam

Pamela

Pamela Report 12 Dec 2011 10:52

Hi Lindsey, sorry to seem thick but I tried sending for death cert. for Richard Robert but without exact date of death can't seem to order it any ideas how I can get round this. It was the GRO i tried.
Pam

Potty

Potty Report 12 Dec 2011 12:30

Pamela, if you tick the box on the GRO site, that asks if you have the full reference and enter the details Thelma has posted, you should have no problem ordering online.