Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Inquest held

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 7 Dec 2011 21:57

Hello,

I have the death certificate of one of my grandfather's aunts who died aged 38 in 1919. I have her death certificate which states that she died at her home in Liverpool, an inquest was held, but do not know where to go from here to find out more information, and would be grateful if anyone could please help me.

Kind Regards

Rachel

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Dec 2011 22:19

A local weekly newspaper to where she lived may have reported it depending on circumstances of the death ,,,Inquests can take place within a few weeks or longer after death.
most main libraries have now got newspapers onto to mircrofilm and free to search in person only.

Hope this helps Rachel.

Rachel

Rachel Report 7 Dec 2011 22:24

Thank you for your reply. Her death took place on the 6th September and was registered on the 10th September following an inquest. The problem I have is that her death took place in Liverpool, and I live a long way away, so apart from visiting the library in Liverpool am not sure how to find out the information. Any ideas please?

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 7 Dec 2011 23:14

You could contact the library via their website Rachel... I have noticed they hold the Liverpool Coroner Inquests 1898-1957 amongst their archives.

http://liverpool.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/central.aspx

I have emailed libraries in the past and have found staff most helpful.

Linda

Rachel

Rachel Report 7 Dec 2011 23:31

Linda,

Thank you for your reply - I will do that and see what they come up with.

Kind Regards

Rachel