Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

due to renew G.R2012

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

george thomas

george thomas Report 24 Dec 2011 17:32

Merry Christmas,to you all , i will shortly be renewing G.R. subscription for 2012 and would welcome your thoughts about the parish records ,I>E
what areas of England etc they cover,as most of my ancestors seem to be in and around London &home counties, my direct line back to dublin has for the moment stopped, just wondered how much help they are, :-) :-)

Andrew

Andrew Report 24 Dec 2011 17:50

Don't know about GR, but some London and Irish records are available on Ancestry. Why not try the 14 day free trial and then decide.

Andy

jax

jax Report 24 Dec 2011 17:53

This is good for parish records and it is free

https://www.familysearch.org/

or ancestry has marriages and baptisms for London

jax

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Dec 2011 09:31

You could just search for the surname(s) with a wide year range and see what comes up. The result preview would tell you if its worth upgrading to view them.

For another free site, you could try freereg.

george thomas

george thomas Report 27 Dec 2011 12:17

Many thanks,
Happy new year..