Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hi, how long is gro Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 13 Jan 2012 17:55

taking to process certificates, its been a couple of years since i used them, i used to feel the local one to where the occassion happend was quicker, but im not sure which registrar office 1a Durham east is seems a few come up in the search. thankyoux

jax

jax Report 13 Jan 2012 17:57

why not use

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

£9.25 per cert

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Jan 2012 18:03

I ordered a cert. yesterday evening on the GRO site posted by jax.

Dispatch date was given as 19 January.

Gwyn

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 13 Jan 2012 18:11

yjanks jax and gwyn, 2 pound dearer not bad though especially when it helps. xx :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Jan 2012 18:17

£9.25 is as cheap as you will find it online.

I have known some local offices to charge £9, but not many....and then some need you to send a s.a.e. for the cert to be posted back to you, so that must all be considered.

Gwyn

mgnv

mgnv Report 13 Jan 2012 19:28

Durham Eastern
The Registrar
York Road
Acre Rigg
Peterlee
Co Durham SR8 2DP
UK
Telephone: 0191 586 6147 (In UK), +44 191 586 6147 (Outside UK)

Check out their web site via:
http://www.northeastbmd.org.uk/

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 13 Jan 2012 21:20

thankyou so much MGNV QYWN XXXX, will get on with that one, i missed this last time round, i had found william henry to be dead in ww1, but i have also seen a letter confirming the death WH PURVIS, TO ANNIE PURVIS nee BURNELL , so this hopefully will clarify a few things x :-D

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2012 21:32

The cost went up, Lorraine, not long ago from £7.00 to £9.25. In fact it was in April 2010, as can be seen here:
http://www.certificate-exchange.co.uk/blog/2010/03/price-changes-for-ordering-bmd-certificates/

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 13 Jan 2012 22:10

first one sent off , will be looking for the postman every day xx

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 13 Jan 2012 22:10

thanks joy xx

Flick

Flick Report 13 Jan 2012 23:53

Lancashire charge £9.00 per cert, but you have to pay postage and include SAE.........so works out more expensive than the GRO, where £9.25 includes postage

The GRO is by far the best option

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Jan 2012 06:33

Liverpool Register Office charge £9.00 plus SAE or 50p postage if no SAE.

However the really bad news is that Certs for family history purposes are currently taking 4 - 6 weeks.....!

Liverpool have always treated FH certs as lower priority but I gather the delay has worsened as they are currently working from temporary premises whilst the Central Library and Archives Office at William Brown St, is undergoing major refurbishment.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 14 Jan 2012 09:03

Hi Inspector, I posted something similar and then deleted as I think Lorraine is referring to the GRO in Southport and not Liverpool record office itself.

I didn't know how long Liverpool are taking now but when I've used them in the past they were painfully slow. (you know what it's like when you're waiting for a cert with crucial info lol)

I remember being astonished when the envelope I opened with a certificate in didn't contain the Liverpool certificates that I'd sent off weeks and weeks before but a different certificate that I'd only sent off a few days before.

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 15 Jan 2012 11:57

yes thanks squirel, your right , hope peolpe understand im on a lot of meds and very often confuse myself let alone others, so thanks again xxxx :-D

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 15 Jan 2012 12:03

I've got no excuse, I'm not on meds and often confuse myself and others lol Hope you're all ok.

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 15 Jan 2012 19:10

Lol secret red x x, very happily married and kids all doing very well, hoping for some health improvements like millions but happy, how are you have you been to anymore meets, i hope to actually get to some this year. xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Jan 2012 13:25

Just to say that GRO are a little bit ahead of themselves and my cert. arrived this morning, although the expected dispatch date was tomorrow.

Gwyn

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 18 Jan 2012 19:33

thanks gwyn, cant wait for mine , i completely missed this one out last time x