Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London electoral registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2012 21:49

over 'there'...how brilliant it is!

I have just found entries that show my gt grandfather was in the same house from1891 to 1929 :)

and where my gt gt uncle was living from 1890-1901

:-D

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Jan 2012 21:55

Yes brilliant

I already knew that my great grandparents lived in the same house for 50 years, got certs showing that, but it is lovely to see more evidence to back it up

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2012 22:03

I knew they lived there a long time GB, but it gives me a near perfect date for when they moved into the Waterman's alms houses, as my gt grandfather died in 1931 and dates a couple of photo's for me.

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2012 22:07

It is wonderful and I have been immersed in them for days and days :)

Amongst other things, I knew that a lady had married X or Y but it was in 1920 something and they had no children so I would not know unless I bought the marriage certificate; or so I thought, then I saw her with Mr Y - brilliant :)

And there is a brother-in-law in the same road as great-grandad at times, then another brother-in-law, too.

As someone said, it is like a census of people over 21 in the same road and one can read it all so clearly being typed.

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2012 22:11

That's good Joy :)

and this bit was priceless... William Fishlock ( gt gt grandfather) was evidently staying with his son in 1892, in "bedroom,first floor, furnished"

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2012 22:35

What intrigues me, especially after universal suffrage, are the other names in the street.

I can see now that Uncle L's parents lived a few doors up from Aunty E's.......and then after their marriage, they moved in to a different house in the same street where I used to visit :-D