Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Australian Newspapers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 18 Jan 2012 12:38

I strongly recommend 'Trove', the National Library of Australia's free searchable database. As of 18 January 2012 there are 6,275,924 pages consisting of 60,519,759 articles available to search.
You can find and read relevant full text articles from the collection of digitised Australian Newspapers that were originally issued between 1803 and 1954.

I searched for my ancestor by name - he was in Australia and NZ between 1840 and 1845. - and found a number of articles.

http://trove.nla.gov.au

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 18 Jan 2012 13:02

Trove is a brilliant resource.
It puts the new English equivalent to shame, and it's free :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 18 Jan 2012 21:48

I would also recommend it as I have found loads of info.
I always look in the Family Announcements section first, for births deaths and marriages and usually find at least one article that is relevant