Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Lewis Poole & Margaret Parish

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 20 Jan 2012 18:03

Looking for descendants of Tom Poole who was married to Margaret Parish and had a son called John. Lived and died Watford area, Herts.

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jan 2012 18:09

When was this please

Andy

Helen

Helen Report 20 Jan 2012 18:16

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005 about Thomas L Poole
Name: Thomas L Poole
Spouse Surname: Parish
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1927
Registration district: Uxbridge
Inferred County: Middlesex
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 159
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Edith M Parish

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jan 2012 22:15

Lewis or Louis?
Births Dec 1903
Poole Thomas Lewis Bedwelty 11a 64
Births Sep 1904
Poole Thomas Louis P Paddington 1a 32

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Jan 2012 13:22

Hello Penny and welcome to the Community Boards.

As you are looking for descendents, it may be worthwhile putting the names you are researching into the Search Trees box above in the dark green bar. This will show you if anyone else on this site has them in their tree.

If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

Cx.

patchem

patchem Report 21 Jan 2012 14:13

As you know that he had a son John, have you looked for marriages or deaths for him?
Have you tried 192.com?

Penny

Penny Report 21 Jan 2012 17:18

Thanks all very much for replies, very much appreciated. Even though I have been a member for quite a while, I am not on here all the time so get a bit forgetful about how and where to reply.

Hope I have replied to you all correctly..
Kind regards

Penny :-)

patchem

patchem Report 21 Jan 2012 20:05

It is better if you reply on here, so that all the helpers have all the information.
I wondered if you had the spelling wrong because Paddington is a lot nearer to Watford than Bedwelty.

Penny

Penny Report 22 Jan 2012 15:13

Definately not Paddington. Thomas Lewis Poole was born in Wales but moved to Watford and married a girl from Watford. So the Paddington one would not be mine.

I have looked in 192.com and a name has jumped out at me so I have the address and will write to enquire. Here's hoping

Penny

Penny

Penny Report 24 Jan 2012 22:18

Reference Thomas Lewis Poole. I have contact North Watford Cemetery who advise me that they have checked their records for burial in 1960 and cannot find a record. Does anyone know of other cemeteries in that area I could contact please?
Thank you
Penny Smith

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jan 2012 23:52

I think most of us would just do a google search for cemeteries, or even ask North Watford where else people would be buried around them.