Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please Please Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Braken

Braken Report 21 Jan 2012 15:19

Please can we all email genes to keep our old style tree Please help

Thanks ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2012 15:58

Its already been put back to the old style for the moment.

If they want to change the format to get better results then they will I,m afraid .

Lots of people have asked for changes ie to get intermarriages in the right format etc and for illegitimate children's info to be input , that they are trying to accommodate requests.

Personally I kept the bare minimum tree on Genes and use FTM which can accommodate cousins etc marrying.

Braken

Braken Report 21 Jan 2012 16:29

Thankyou I only keep the bare minimum too but still like the old style better I suppose when you have limited brain cells like me you get used to one format ;-)

DF

DF Report 21 Jan 2012 17:16

What a relief..........my tree is back.........whoopeeeeeee. Looking at it again, it just confirms how awful the new one was.
DF

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 Jan 2012 17:22

Apparently there are a few niggles with the new tree that did not come out in testing but it will get implemented when these are fixed and the 'old style tree' will be banished forever.

Back in 2009 when the the 'old style tree' was introduced there were members then who didn't like it and wanted the previous one back....!

No doubt it will be the same in 2015, or whenever the next time it is updated.

Nothing changes.

Braken

Braken Report 21 Jan 2012 17:26

I suppose they call it proggress :-(

Kaitwo

Kaitwo Report 4 Feb 2012 16:21

how did you get back to the old style tree? I'm having real trouble with marriage records appearing hen disappearing on the info from the right. Then the Life Line says a marriage can't be recognised unless it is in DD/MM/YYYY format. How many of us have that info??

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Feb 2012 16:44

Even if you do have DD/MM/YYYY it doesn't seem to show on the life line :-0

You ought to be able to get back to the old tree. Hover your curser over the 'Family Tree' button at the top of the page.

On mine, there are 3 options
My Tree
Try the new Tree
Import GEDCOM

Click on 'My Tree' and you ought to get the old style.

Braken

Braken Report 4 Feb 2012 18:25

I have clicked on My tree and got the new one I don't like it one little bit

I did everything without having to think now you have to concentrate and it's so time consuming to add a relie or and info :-( :-|