Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newspaper Archive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 23 Jan 2012 16:17

Hi
I have viewed an article in the newspaper archives search for five credits and have accidentally deleted it from my screen. Does anyone know please if I can view it again without using more credits.

Thanks
Lindsey

Janet

Janet Report 23 Jan 2012 19:56

if you can find it again, the click on button should be paler than it was originally and you should be able to view again

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 23 Jan 2012 20:59

Hi Janet

Thanks very much I will try that.

Lindsey

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 23 Jan 2012 21:05

I have just tried that Janet and it works - just got to find out how to save it to my computer because the article runs right down the page. I was trying to do it before when I accidentally lost it.

Thanks again
Lindsey

Gee

Gee Report 24 Jan 2012 09:47

If you open the image and RIGHT click in the middle of the artical, then click SAVE PICTURE AS, then save it somewhere on your hard drive

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 24 Jan 2012 20:01

Hi Gins

Many thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in replying. I did try what you suggested but unfortunately it's a very big article going all the way down the page and the copy that is saved is unreadable. Nevermind, I've just put it on favourites for the moment so I don't lose it.

Lindsey

WhiffingSiggs

WhiffingSiggs Report 24 Jan 2012 20:30

Try using your library card and accessing it through their online resource. (free)

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 25 Jan 2012 08:46

Hi Kevin

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't live in that part of the country anymore but next time I visit, that's what I will have to do.

Lindsey