Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census updated

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 21:48

Hi - has anyone else viewed the 1911 census and found that the information on infirmity is still blanked out. I have contacted Genes and waiting for a reply - but would be interested to know if others have the same problem - thanks

Joy

Joy Report 23 Jan 2012 22:13

I have seen the information since 4th January, first in the original 1911 site and then in find my past, in both of which it was viewing previously seen images; and in genes reunited a couple of days after that.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 22:17

Thanks for your reply - I will have to see what GR says about it when they reply. I have wasted 40 credits because of it!

Joy

Joy Report 23 Jan 2012 22:20

I have just checked the date when I viewed one in genes reunited - it was 5 January.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 22:23

Hi - have I got it wrong - did you view the census showing the extra infirmity column or was it blanked out? thanks

Joy

Joy Report 23 Jan 2012 22:32

I viewed the census showing the extra infirmity column. I can view it again and try to send it by attachment to you in a message here if you would like me to do that.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 22:39

Thanks - I checked mine again as I attached it to the family tree but the infirmity is definitely blanked out. I have only looked at one original document as didnt want to waste credits on another. Thanks for the offer to send - but I will just wait to see what GR say about it.

jax

jax Report 23 Jan 2012 22:47

If you would like to give some details, someone could take a look elsewhere for you

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 22:56

If someone would be kind enough to look up if they have free access - Head of family is Edward Williams - born 1872 - Nottingham - Census district Nottingham. Only one came up when I did the search and it was the correct one. Thanks in hope.

jax

jax Report 23 Jan 2012 23:01

??

1911 census - household transcription
Person: WILLIAMS, Edward
Address: 10 Norland Road Nottingham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILLIAMS, Edward Head Married M 39 1872 Eackel Bat Making Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Mary Wife Married
19 years F 36 1875 At Home Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Florence Daughter Single F 16 1895 Lace Hand Jennier Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Arthur Son M 15 1896 Errand Boy Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Fred Son M 13 1898 Errand Boy Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Lily Daughter F 11 1900 School Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Mary Daughter F 9 1902 School Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, John Son M 7 1904 School Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, William Son M 5 1906 School Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, George Son M 4 1907 School Nottingham VIEW
WILLIAMS, Cyril Son M 1 1910 Nottingham VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is uncovered on FMP but nothing in that colume.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jan 2012 23:07

Hi - thank you - I used 40 credits to view a transcript(10)and the original (30) image. But the last column was blanked out on the image. and there are no infirmity details on the transcript.