Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wend

Wend Report 26 Jan 2012 12:21

When trying to get rid of adverts and pop-ups, I accidently installed 'NoScript' and now I can't get rid of it. I've looked at Tools/Add-ons, but it's not listed there to delete. Javascript is enabled.

I have just tried to change my avatar and it won't work. I'm wondering if it's because of this 'NoScript', as at the bottom of the page is the NS icon and the words 'Scripts Partially Allowed, 3/5 (genesreunited.co.uk).

Help please!

Susan

Susan Report 26 Jan 2012 12:34

Wendy

I am running Windows XP Home addition.

I click Start
Go to ..Set program access and Defaults.
Top left hand corner is change and remove program.
Just scroll down until you find the program you want to delete and click on it .
You will see in the left hand side of the coloured area is change/remove ...just click remove and it will be gone ...then just click out of the site as usual.

That's how I do it anyway,hope it helps.
Sue

Wend

Wend Report 26 Jan 2012 14:45

Thanks very much Susan. I've tried to install Windows XP Home, but that hasn't worked either. I'm such a technophobe!

My usual browser is Firefox, which is where I'm having the problems with NoScript, but I've managed to change my avatar on Genes by going through Internet Explorer, where it's not a problem.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 26 Jan 2012 15:51

have you tried ggogling noscript. there is quite a lot of info which may help you

Try downloading adblock to disable adverts in firefox

Wend

Wend Report 26 Jan 2012 16:15

Thanks Lancs Ann - I'll do that.

Wend

Wend Report 26 Jan 2012 17:36

Just to let you know that I put this query on Firefox's Voluntary Helper's page and someone has come up with the answer. NoScript is NoMore!

Susan

Susan Report 27 Jan 2012 03:24

Glad to hear it Wendy.