Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CONFUSED DERBYSHIRE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sean

Sean Report 30 Jan 2012 00:19

HI
Can any one help gt gt grandfather known as thomas groves wife mary only marriage i can find is john thomas groves marrying a mary thornhill abt 1874 gt grandfather born abt 1881 seems to be an only child gt gt grandfather always known as thomas on census is it normal to marry using differant first name.
Thank you for any help
Regards Mandy :-S

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Jan 2012 00:36

Happens quite alot

Was looking at one earlier who was Henry George but on one census he was George H

Sean

Sean Report 30 Jan 2012 00:40

HI GlitterBaby
Thank You
Mandy :-D

MarysRoots

MarysRoots Report 30 Jan 2012 01:08

Hello,

I was christened Irene Mary but all of my life have been know as Mary
Also my late fathers birth cert he had Cleaton on and it was not till after his death we knew he had been christened that name
regards

mary