Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

subscription charges

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 16 Feb 2012 01:00

I have a subscription with F.. 6mths about to expire & it will automatically renew & that is where i have questioned the amount i'm being charged, even though i'm supposedly receiving 10% off.

For 6mths i will be charged......£62.95......on the site where you can view Subscriptions shows for 6mths....
is £40.75 12mths £67.75 [ with 10%off both]

I have emailed my querie, but just says you will be charged 62.95 for 6mths.

Has anyone noted this & can someone tell me if i have to put in my card details again or is it, as it says automatically renewed.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 16 Feb 2012 01:47

i got 12m for £76. but it was only a foundation subsciption.x :-D

poppycat

poppycat Report 16 Feb 2012 02:15

Suzanne

Thanks for replying Foundation Sub is all that i can see is whats on offer.
Maybe if i took out 12mths, works out cheaper in the long run.

jax

jax Report 16 Feb 2012 02:40

This is what my one says..

Subscription: Full
Package type: 6 months - continuous membership
Next payment due: 11 April 2012
Next payment amount: £ 62.95 - saving £ 7.00

I went to my account....my subscription

So £62.95 for six months is for the Full subscription

Ummm this hobby is expensive just paid £155 to Anc*stry today also

poppycat

poppycat Report 16 Feb 2012 04:56

jax

This will be the first time i will have to re-new would i have to still put in card details, although everything is still the same............

I'm thinking about buying some credits for deceased..line
yes its all a money making business these days & there should be more FREE access to Public Records...such as cityark...for Kent which is great for those whose ancestors are from within those areas & makes its easier for myself as i'm in Aust.

jax

jax Report 16 Feb 2012 05:15

As long as your card is still valid they will take it automatically

I have some deceased online I must have a look to see if I have anymore dead ancestors before they run out :-D

jax

Andrew

Andrew Report 16 Feb 2012 13:09

One of my neighbours was complaining about his golf club sub and his wifes gym fees. I think any hobby or pastime is expensive these days,

Andy

jax

jax Report 16 Feb 2012 15:56

This is cheaper for me than playing online poker and other Games, but just as adictive

jax