Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free access to US 1930 census this weekend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FrankFromYorks

FrankFromYorks Report 18 Feb 2012 12:41

For this weekend only 16 to 20 Feb, If you don't already have access, now is your chance. Enjoy !

http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=6224&o_iid=50353&o_lid=50353&o_sch=Web+Property

Frank

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Feb 2012 17:31

The weirdest thing, I went to Ancestry, and they were offereing Canada BMD's so quickly entered a family surname, and got a marriage for one of my ancestors.
Went back to home page on Ancestry and it had gone to USA not Canada, so clicked back and back until reached the Canada marriage and did a bit more searching got a newpaper of todays date.... with obituaries on it.. For a change the fairies were on my side.

mgnv

mgnv Report 18 Feb 2012 18:34

Yes, both Canadian BMDs and US 1930 are free thru midnight EST 20/2/12 (i.e., 5 am 21/2/12 UK time).

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 19 Feb 2012 20:49

This is fantastic! I've been on here all afternoon.

Many thanks Frank :-)

My Canadian father told me that his fathers name was Albert. Today i found out it was really Millage Gerald...sounds french? sounds posh lol
My name is Geraldine and was named after my father. I also found today that Millages grandfather was also Millage.

I have taken my Canadian Fathers line back to the early 1800s today.
It went to Canada then the US and before that they came from here in the UK.
I've had a fantastic afternoon :-D

Many thanks for sharing Frank :-)

Gerri x

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 20 Feb 2012 22:49

nudge - still a little bit of time left :)