Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Makers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cliffette

cliffette Report 22 Feb 2012 15:08

Hi All,

Can i ask a question please.
What exactly do Family Tree Makers do?
I noticed on Amazon today they have a 2012 Platinum Edition by Avanquest Software at £38.99p
I have never used one before, so any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 22 Feb 2012 16:09

Basically they are a computer program that allows you to create and store your family tree on your own computer.

There are many different ones on the market and whilst they all no doubt differ in some respects their core operation is similar. Prices of course also vary.

Probably the most popular is Family Tree Maker and there are several versions of it available. Most come with a time limited subscription to Ancestry included. It pays to shop around to get the best deal.

cliffette

cliffette Report 22 Feb 2012 16:22

Thank you Jonesey and Jean B.
Much appreciated.

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 22 Feb 2012 22:47

Tesco's have the Family Tree Maker as an offer using there vouchers. You can get it for less than £20.
:-D :-D