Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uploading and Deleting Tree on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 16 Mar 2012 16:37

Hi, please can anyone tell me how to delete a tree on Ancestry, I have two old ones on there and am uploading a new up to date one with photos etc., I cant seem to find out how to do it, or I am looking in the wrong place.

(Just uploaded a new one, but it didnt upload the pictures, do I have to do this separately)

Please can anyone help, thanks

Marilyn :-S

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 16 Mar 2012 16:54

Open the tree that you don't want.

Where you see the tree name there is a drop down box 'Tree Pages'

Select 'Tree Settings'

Delete is bottom right hand side

Chris

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 16 Mar 2012 17:38

Thanks for your help Chris, I have deleted it now. Do I have to add media one by one.

Kense

Kense Report 16 Mar 2012 19:12

If you are uploading from a GEDCOM then yes you have to add the media separately as that is not held on a GEDCOM. If you are loading from FTM2012 then you can load the whole tree.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 16 Mar 2012 19:22

Thanks KenSE, I used to have Family Tree Maker, but now I have Family Historian, and it is a Gedcom, so although it is a brilliant programme, in this respect, a bad move.

Thanks again