Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

View the Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 22 Mar 2012 19:37

I have located a person who maybe a link to my tree as it says " this person also has the same person in there tree. I have e mailed this connection but had no reply, can it be possible that she may not be on line anymore would her details still come up to "view her tree" or send a message to xx

Lynski

Lynski Report 22 Mar 2012 20:26

Sometimes it can take quite a while to get a reply depending on whether the person logs onto GR daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly!

Check your Sent messages and if there is a dark green envelope next to your message then it means that it has not been opened yet.

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Mar 2012 20:42

Hi Jackie and welcome to the GR message boards

The person will only get an email notififcation of your message if they still have the same email address registered with GR. Sadly there is nothing you can do if they don't respond.

If you need help with anyone in your tree, you can post a lookup request on the boards. People are always happy to help.

Andy