Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding school that grandfather went to

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 26 Mar 2012 22:44

Wonder if anyone knows if u can find what schools my grandfather went to an if their would be anysuch details? I know he lived in Holyhead Wales his name was Robert Jarrett born 1911,sisters Margret,kate,winnifred.Also anyone know if u can access the holyhead mail newspaper on line as i can only find papers that u have to go to the actual liberary in Wales as difficult bein in New Zealand.Thanks if anyone can help.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2012 23:13

I'm sure that if you get in touch with the newspaper, they will try to help you - assuming they have archives, which most do.

As for the school the children attended, try googling 'Schools in Holyhead'

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Mar 2012 09:14

You could try sending a query to this site:

http://www.holyhead.com/index.html

And these are contact details for Anglesey archives:

http://www.anglesey.gov.uk/leisure/records-and-archives/

Contact Archives Service

Anglesey Archives
Industrial Estate Road
Bryn Cefni Industrial Estate
Llangefni
Anglesey
Wales
LL77 7JA
Archon Code:221
Research room: 01248 751930
Email: [email protected] Archives Education Officer: [email protected]

Jan

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 27 Mar 2012 23:17

hi ian
ilive in holyhead and went to holyhead sec school in the late 70s(a bit after your relation,but if you pm me with details ,i will go to the shire hall in llangefni and do a look up for you.x :-D