Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MILITARY SEARCH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

genes trance

genes trance Report 23 Apr 2012 12:35

Hi, I need some direction please :)
Have very limited time as have baby twins so will probably not get time to come back on until tomorrows half hour sleep lol. It means I will not be able to respond now but if I get any response means I can get straight into search tomo. I only have Genes credits.

My dad has searched with no luck so thought maybe I could try with a little guidance as don't really have a clue where to start with this.

Looking for RONALD JAMES BRIDGER c1916

At time of marriage to Irene Thomas in Salford 24/12/1946 he was 30 years old residing at 24 Victory Road Horsham Sussex.
Rank/profession: corporal. 14015858 military police (school teacher)
Father was Henry Bridger (deceased)

Looking for any info at all as this is all we have.

Any support or guidance greatfully received
Caroline

genes trance

genes trance Report 23 Apr 2012 12:37

just to add he was 30 at time of marriage

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 23 Apr 2012 12:38

You would need to apply for his records they are not online and only he or next of kin can apply

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html

Roy

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Apr 2012 12:43

Is it possible he was born James Ronald?

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1916 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bridger James R P Bridger Horsham 2b 498

Looks like his mother might have been unmarried at the time of his birth.

Andy

genes trance

genes trance Report 23 Apr 2012 12:43

Thanks Roy, Think thats going to be a non starter as we think he was my dads father but my dad was later adopted in early childhood so theres no record of him on dads birth certificate. Thank you for the info though I'll see if dad is prepared to get in touch and argue his case :)

genes trance

genes trance Report 23 Apr 2012 12:47

Thanks Andy,
Yes although it's written on marriage certificate as Ronald James its certainly possible so i will look tomo, one of the twins awake so have to go, btu many thanks :)

genes trance

genes trance Report 23 Apr 2012 12:47

Thanks Andy,
Yes although it's written on marriage certificate as Ronald James its certainly possible so i will look tomo, one of the twins awake so have to go, btu many thanks :)