Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Albert Shrimpton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lou49

lou49 Report 10 May 2012 12:13

Im looking for anyone that knows anything about Albert Shrimpton he was an uncle i didn't know i had so i could have cousins out there ...he was born in Watford Hertfordshire in 1910 his mother was my grandmother Beatrice Shrimpton i've got his birth certificate but sadly no fathers name on it . I have been searching for 4yrs please please help me .

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 May 2012 13:04

Do you have contact with other members who have him in their trees?

Potty

Potty Report 10 May 2012 13:05

I can't find him either. No obvious death record and not on the 1911 census.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 May 2012 14:42

Just wondering about this Beatrice - no sign of Albert though. I wonder if another family took him in and changed his name?

What is the address on his birth cert?

1911 England Census

Name: Beatrice Mary Shrimpton
Age in 1911: 22
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation to Head: Servant
Birth Place: Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Civil parish: Willesden
County/Island: Middlesex
Street Address: 4 Grosvenor Gardens, Cricklewood N W
Marital Status: Single
Registration district: Willesden
Registration District Number: 129
Sub-registration district: Willesden

Sidney Henry Cohen 50
Sara Cohen 40
Geraldine Minnie Cohen 14
Beatrice Mary Shrimpton

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 May 2012 14:47

I wondered about this marriage, and in fact someone on Ancestry has got Albert with these as his parents. No records attached though, so I guess they are speculating also!

Marriages Mar 1915 (>99%)
Brackley Horace Shrimpton Watford 3a 1264
Shrimpton Beatrice _ Brackley Watford 3a 1264

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 May 2012 14:49

Do you have Albert's exact birth date?
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 May 2012 18:15

wonder whether he took on the step dads surname when his mum married

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 May 2012 18:42

Just my thinking Shirley. Problem is - can't see anything to support it!
jan

lou49

lou49 Report 10 May 2012 21:58

I really do apprieciate all this help thank you all so much......Albert was born 23/03/1910 at 58 Fearnley Street Watford Hertfordshire where my nan was a domestic servant 5 yrs before she met my grandad Horace Brackley ,they got married in 1915 my mum and my uncle were obviously his siblings and my mum never ever mentioned him nor did my uncle to my cousins so im assuming he was given away to another member of the family as adoption didn't come in till 1926. I didn't start doing my tree till my parents had died so i couldn't ask questions.Im probably one of those trees your looking at on genes a few have him on their tree but they have got him either from me or my cousin Chris Brackley.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 May 2012 02:50

How did you discover Albert if no one had said anything?

Rose

lou49

lou49 Report 11 May 2012 10:46

It was my Cousin that found him as he started our tree before me,the birth certificate shows that my nan was working as a domestic in Fearnley Street as family members confirmed she was and thats where Albert was born what i can't find out is who she was working for and owned the house.That maybe something to do with where Albert ended up because within a year after Alberts birth Beatrice was working as a domestic for the Cohen's in Chricklewood without Albert.

Lyn

lou49

lou49 Report 11 May 2012 11:00

I've just checked my records and the 1881 and Beatrice 's parents were living at Fearnley St until they moved to Merton Rd so Albert was born at home and within a year was working as a domestic for the Cohen's in Chricklewood without Albert.

Lyn

Potty

Potty Report 11 May 2012 11:37

Beatrice's parents appear to be living in Pretoria Street in 1911, not Fearnley Street. Do you have a house number on Fearnley St from Albert's birth cert? There are 153 people living there in 1911.

lou49

lou49 Report 11 May 2012 12:29

They were living at no 58 Fearnley St...1881 they were living at 58.. Fearnley St 1891....living at 38 Merton Rd .....1901 living at 86 Merton Rd and 1911 living at 29 Pretoria Road.

Lyn

Potty

Potty Report 11 May 2012 13:39

Sorry, Lyn. I think I must have misunderstood. I thought Albert was born in Fearnley Street. If we had the number, we could check who was living there in 1911.

This is who is living at 58 in 1911:

1911 England Census
about Harry Bailey
Name: Harry Bailey
Age in 1911: 22
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation to Head: Head
Birth Place: Sutton, Surrey, England
Civil parish: Watford
County/Island: Hertfordshire
Street Address: 58 Fearnley Street, Watford, Herts
Marital Status: Married
Registration district: Watford
Registration District Number: 140
Sub-registration district: Watford
ED, institution, or vessel: 15
Household schedule number: 271
Piece: 7713
Household Members: Name Age
Harry Bailey 22
Lily Bailey 20

Married less than one year, so possibly not living there when Albert was born.

Edit: Sorry again, Lynn. Just noticed that you gave 58 Fearnley St as Albert's POB in an earlier post - must clean my glasses!

lou49

lou49 Report 11 May 2012 14:57

hehehe i have the same problem xx thank you so much for the help.

Lyn