Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dublin Army Barracks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michele

Michele Report 12 May 2012 19:46

My granddad insisted at Island Bridge Barracks now Clancy Barracks, i want to know if his brothers insisted there too, would there be any army records

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 May 2012 19:49

Hello Michelle can you tell us when they insisted (enlisted?) and who they were would help :-)

Michele

Michele Report 12 May 2012 19:52

I know Chris enlisted in 3rd sept 1910 and was discharged 17th Jan 1916

Michele

Michele Report 12 May 2012 19:54

His brother Patrick , John and Michael were all in the army

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 May 2012 19:55

Their surnames would help ......

Michele

Michele Report 12 May 2012 19:58

oops... McDonnell

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 May 2012 20:08

There are quite a lot of results, could you list each of their years of birth?

Would also help if you know their parents names, in case next of kin is mentioned.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 May 2012 20:10

Have seen you also have another thread on them, should really have added this request to that one, where the background info already is:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1298239

Michele

Michele Report 12 May 2012 20:12

Michael 1876
John 1878
Patrick 1883
their parents were Bernard & Mary McDonnell

Clover

Clover Report 12 May 2012 21:02

There is a John McDonnell aged 66 years buried in Glasnevin, he died in 1944, there is more than one person buried in the grave. To see who is buried in that grave you have to buy credits, unfortunaly i don,t at the moment. the site is www.glasnevintrust.ie
Maybe it is him, age seems to fit.

www.familysearch.ie
Death ????
John McDonnell Dublin South Apr-June 1944 (aged 66) Volumn 2 Page 339.<<<<<<< possibly his.(estimated year of Birth 1878).
Death
John McDonnell Dublin South Jan-Mar 1945 Volumn 2 Page 323 (aged at death 59 years. Estimated year of Birth 1886)
Betty.