Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

poss adoption late registration

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 14 May 2012 17:26

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could shed some light for me please, my mother in law is trying to get to the bottom of her birth as we cannot find her reg,
she was born apr 1948 but only has a basic birth cert, it says somerset house at the top so she has rang them and they have told her this was a re registration in sept of the same year so how can she find out her no to order the birth cert, she is pretty sure her and her sister are in the same boat as we cannot find her sister either, many thanks
clare

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 May 2012 17:33

Clare does she know the name of her parents?... Don't post them here.

If there was a re registration, perhaps the parents weren't maried and the children were re registered after the marriage took place.

If you want to click on my name and send a few details, I will look up the information needed for a full certificate.

Adoptions are not listed on the GRO index of births, so I think you are looking for a natural birth, but possibly not in the surname you'd think.

Gwyn

tempest

tempest Report 14 May 2012 17:33

were her parents married when she was born?

maybe she is registered in her mothers maiden name and then re registered when her parents married

Clare

Clare Report 14 May 2012 17:51

thank you for your replys, yes def married, I have sent you a message Gwyn thanks