Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Abney Park Cemetery Records website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 29 May 2012 12:43

Has anyone tried to register on this website and it worked

Have tried to register on the Abney Park Cemetery Records website, the one that when googled comes up devsys
clicked the Register as a new user
entered in the Your prefered Alias
entered Your contact email address
but when I clicked Register my details a new window came up with the You are not connected to the internet message.
So I went in and retried again, and got a message saying Sorry that alias or email address is already in use. Please enter another and try again.
This I have done with a number of different alias but the same message comes up.
I have checked my emails as the site says when you have registered you will receive an email with your password in a couple of minutes, but nothing.

There appears to be no contact email for me to query with them. :-(

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 12:47

Have you checked your email to see if they have sent a conformation with a link to activate the new account

Roy

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 29 May 2012 12:48

yes Roy I have been doing that all morning, and before you ask I have never registered on the site before, as I have only just found it today.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 12:55

The second time you tried you got the message that your details already in use would indicate that your first attempt was successful

Roy

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 29 May 2012 13:00

That is sort of my thinking, but without the confirmation link with my password I can't get in. And there seems no way of getting in touch with them.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 13:00

have you tried this site

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~abneypark/abneyy.html

Roy

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 29 May 2012 13:06

Yes I found that one years ago, but it seemed that this one probably gives more information.

Are we now allowed to enter websites on here, we used to have to put (.) to get around it

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 13:14

Yes you can, as you can tell from my post above

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 13:20

I have just tried to register and got these results

The website cannot display the page
Error HTTP 500

possible causes

•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 13:28

On further investigation you can still search on the site,

go to the link http://www.devsys.co.uk/ap/

don't login

then bottom left corner under login details click on "Basic search"

then enter a name and click on "Start search", then scroll down to the search results

Roy

when you find the name you are interested in clickon the number at the side and then it will show on the right of the same page everyone in that grave Location

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 29 May 2012 13:42

Roy
I decided to hit the forgotten password and see what happened.
It worked, they sent me a new password and it showed my alias just as I had entered it the first time.
Obviously the first registration worked but for some reason I didn't get the confirmation email with password.
Doesn't appear to give any extra using login. But at least gives a little more info than the rootsweb one.
Many thanks

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 May 2012 13:46

Glad you got a result, happy hunting

Roy