Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Name change.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 2 Jun 2012 09:02

Have changed my board name form Sylvia to Redrobin to spare any confusion with other members.

Regards Sylvia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jun 2012 09:25

Your membership number identifies you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2012 10:50

Sign the first few post as 'Sylvia' until people get used to the new you

DET ;-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 2 Jun 2012 11:34

Yes Reggie I think we all know that, but when you post on here or reply it only shows your 'name' and not everyone knows how to find out which 'named' person they are replying too.

This site really needs the function whereby you can only have 1 person with a 'board name' with no duplicates, like other sites.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Jun 2012 11:43

It used to be that only one person could have a certain board name. I was not allowed to use the name "Margie" because someone else had that board name. It's the reason for the curious spelling of my board name.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Jun 2012 13:33

knock knock

who's there?

wendy

wendy who?

wendy red red robin comes bob bob bobbing along

:-D

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 2 Jun 2012 13:35

Thankyou all.

Will take your advice,

Regards

Sylvia

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 2 Jun 2012 19:35

I changed my board name when I found myself on a thread posted by Christine and 2 of us posting replies were also Christine. It was very confusing snd it became apparent a new name was necessary to avoid confusion. :-D

LK