Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 4 Jun 2012 11:17

Can any one tell me how I can find death records in Scotland. I am trying to find an uncle and aunts death which I believe was in Scotland but it would be probably in the 2000s. I am looking for death of both James Prior born Colchester 1902 and Hilda Prior (Francis) born 1902 I believe London both went to Scotland to live with family. Thank you Ruth

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jun 2012 11:45

You need Scotlands People website/ It pay to view although you can do a free search. If you find the record you can order the cert through the site. I paid £10 for the death cert of my Aunt .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jun 2012 11:56

Name: Hilda E Francis
Spouse Surname: Prior
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1931
Registration district: Colchester
Inferred County: Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 1863
Find Spouse: James Prior

so I think this is her death on Scotlands People

1 2007 PRIOR HILDA ETHEL Not Permissible F 97 LOCHCARRON AND SHIELDAIG /HIGHLAND 206/00 0012 No Image

will cost you one unit to find this info again . dont put in a birth year. you can order the cert through the site.

going on the same area I think this is James

1988 PRIOR JAMES Not Permissible M 85 LOCHCARRON /ROSS AND CROMARTY 206/00 0002 No Image

cost one unit to call this up and then order the cert through the site

Ruth

Ruth Report 4 Jun 2012 12:43

Thank you so much this is the right people, I have spent weeks trying to find out what you have found in a few minutes, so very grateful to you. Thank you once again Ruth

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jun 2012 13:02

you are very welcome :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jun 2012 13:06

just to tie things up she wasnt born in 1902 which is why I said dont put a birth year in the Scottish search,

this ties nicely with her age at death and isn't too far from where they married

Name: Hilda E Francis
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1910
Registration district: Ipswich
Inferred County: Suffolk
Volume: 4a
Page: 925

Kathy near the

Kathy near the Report 4 Jun 2012 13:09

Hi Ruth

Don't spend money getting the certificates .I go to the register office on a regular basis and I can transcribe the information for you for free .

Won't be going for the next 4 weeks as the lady who works in the search room will be away on honeymoon but I a booked in when she comes back .

Just pm me nearer that time to remind me

Kathy

Ruth

Ruth Report 4 Jun 2012 19:06

Thanks Kathy that will be great, I told my mum that she had died also that Uncle Jim had died as well in Scotland. We had wondered what happened to them. Thanks again Ruth