Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tiller girls 1920s and 1930s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kevin

kevin Report 18 Jun 2012 09:27

My wife had 2 great aunts (twins) who were dancers in the Tiller Girls in Paris in the 20s and 30s.

We would love to find more detailed information about the dance troupe and obviously our relatives. We have a book detailing the history of the Tiller Girls which was written in 1988 and we aware of the Tiller Girls site on the net. Any more info would be a delight.

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Jun 2012 10:08

I am assuming that you have seen this site?

http://www.tillergirls.com/Tiller_Contacts.htm

I had to highlight it to read it! Terrible on that background.

kevin

kevin Report 18 Jun 2012 10:46

Yes, I am aware of this one, thanks.

It's a bit of an odd site as info is not readily forthcoming.

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Jun 2012 11:33

I found that I could read it better if I highlighted the text.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 18 Jun 2012 13:06

Have you tried 'The Stage'? Free to search but pay to view, variety of subscripton options.

http://tinyurl.com/cetpj56

Entering 'Tiller Girls' in the search box brings up over a 1000 results. I am sure you could narrow it down by adding names and a bit of effective searching to work out if it was worth buying a sub.

Good luck
Chris

kevin

kevin Report 18 Jun 2012 13:25

Thank you. No I haven't - I will give it a go this week. Sounds promising.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 18 Jun 2012 18:01

John Tiller Page - Tiller Girls

www.tillergirls.com/John_Tiller_Page.htm

From this was founded the Tiller School of dancing and the Tiller Girl troupes. ... as resident dancers at the Folies Bergeres in Paris, The London Palladium, The ... aged about 10 years: Dolly Grey, Tessie Lomax, and twins Cissy and Lilly Smith. ... In the 1920s, John Tiller was regularly crossing the world to finalise contract

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Jun 2012 07:38

also just google the girls names, you might find something that way

sylvia