Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

printing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 21 Jun 2012 23:12

I am unable to print the full tree properly in one go, the tree only appears in bits,am I the only one with this problem?
Also How do I print out the full details of a person in the tree?
Please help

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jun 2012 23:31

You can only print what is on-screen - that applies to anything.

Use an offline program to record your family, then you should be able to print whatever format you choose.

Edward

Edward Report 22 Jun 2012 04:35

I have given up trying to print any part of my tree via GR. I recently discovered Family Tree Builder (free version) and have produced some very nice charts to give to relatives. Regarding printing out the full details of a person in the tree, display the details you want to see in print then press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key - this should send what you want to print to your printer. Alternatively, using your mouse and cursor, highlight what you want to print, copy and paste it into your word processing program, then click print.

Perhaps you can let me know whether you find my reply helpful or not.

Correction: the Print Screen key only copies what is displayed on the screen which can then be pasted into another program for printing.

Steven

Steven Report 22 Jun 2012 10:38

Hi Edward
My PRTSc seems to do nothing on my Acer PC and anyway the information goes over more than one screen ,so its not practical. The highlight and paste does not copy the information when showing the "Details" of a person , it only copies the basic form.
Thanks anyway, but I wish to hard copy ALL the details on each person in my Tree

Kense

Kense Report 22 Jun 2012 11:13

These days the Print Screen function copies an image which you then have to paste into a document before you can print it.

Edward

Edward Report 22 Jun 2012 19:46

Thanks KenSE, I have corrected my earlier post.

Edward

Edward Report 25 Jun 2012 20:47

Steven, you could try this method. Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, with the full details of a person partly in view, left click on File then left click on Print Preview. Look through the pages by clicking on the right-facing arrow at the bottom of the page. If the pages contain all the full details of a person that you want for a printed copy click on the Print Document icon in the top left hand corner.