Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help required!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natasha

Natasha Report 27 Jun 2012 10:21

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have recently split from my partner of 5 years and I would like to delete his side of the family off my GR tree.
I have tried to delete him but I'm unable to!

Any help much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Tasha

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 27 Jun 2012 10:38

You cannot remove an individual without removing the whole branch first starting with the most distant rellie and working back,

eg, you have him, his mother, his grandmother,

to remove him you would have to remove the grandmother first then the mother, remembering that any children to these rellies would have to be removed before the parent,

If you have a family tree program on your PC you could export your gedcom from GR then on that program you could split the gedcom starting with him that would be the easiest way then just import the new gedcom back to GR

You could also ask GR if they could do this for you, try contacting GR support team using the contact us under the help tab at the top of the page

Roy

Natasha

Natasha Report 27 Jun 2012 10:48

Ok thank you for your help Roy.

I have done alot of research on his family aswell so i will have to try and sort it out.

Tasha