Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find My Past Saved Messages - should read Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 29 Jun 2012 13:07

I always thought it was a good idea on Ancestry that I could save any records I were interested in and then when I have used or not used the information deleted it.

Well someone at Find My Past had the bright idea of doing the same - except it has saved EVERYONE of records I have looked at since Dec 2011 many of which were wrong when I accessed them.

I do not want to save every entry only those I wish to refer back to whose stupid idea was that!!.

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 29 Jun 2012 16:02

Sorry the title should have been my "Saved Records" which is at the top of the page not my "Saved Messages" - put it down to the heat we are in Spain where the weather is exceptionally hot like July and August think I am looking forward to next week when I return to England and the cooler climate

Yes will have to spend ages deleting them all

allotment

allotment Report 29 Jun 2012 16:03

Do you have to delete them individually one at a time?

jax

jax Report 29 Jun 2012 16:14

I have 118 pages dont think I would attempt to go through them all :-D

50 on a page = 5900 oh well they can stay then

allotment

allotment Report 30 Jun 2012 18:39

Hi Lesley and Jax, I asked the question on the fmp facebook page and was answered by another member that the question was put to them a couple of weeks since. I looked out the fmp reply to the previous question......

Hi xxxxx - thanks for the suggestion. We've passed it on to our technical team to see if they can make it so...

Hopefully it will happen as they are usually a lot quicker with upgrades than a certain other site????

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jun 2012 22:11

I have 274 pages of "Saved Records" - very few of which are for my own research. I only saw them yesterday for the first time. I deleted the first page one at a time and then gave up!!

Kath. x

allotment

allotment Report 1 Jul 2012 13:53

Reply from fmp regarding changes to Saved Records......

''All of your suggestions are taken on board and given to our team, we've already put in a few improvements but you'll definitely see a lot of the things you are asking for filtering in as we roll out new features.''