Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering an Irish Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michele

Michele Report 3 Jul 2012 20:14

Can any one tell me how safe it is to order an Irish Birth certificate, i have printed out the form and filled it in best i can but when it comes to the credit card bit, i just wondered how safe this was ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jul 2012 22:00

If it's from the official site, there should be a padlock in the browser bar indicating that the site is secure

Gee

Gee Report 3 Jul 2012 22:23

Ive bought a few from http://www.groireland.ie/research.htm, some by filling in the form and faxing it, with card details and later using the online system

No problem

Joy

Joy Report 3 Jul 2012 22:36

Very safe. I sent mine and received the marriage record by post eight days later, costing 4 euros.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Jul 2012 10:50

When I ordered certificates from Roscommon, they accepted euros sent by "signed for" mail. That was a couple of years ago before they were able to accept card payments online.

The certificates arrived within the week.

Michele

Michele Report 4 Jul 2012 19:16

can i ask, why do i send form to Roscommon when i want certificates from Dublin, is this the main place. I am ordering from GroIreland

Gee

Gee Report 4 Jul 2012 19:20

Yes, you get the from the gro. You can order and pay online

Michele

Michele Report 4 Jul 2012 19:22

Thank you

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Jul 2012 21:08

I filled out the form and sent it off with euros by recorded delivery. Got the certificates back within a week in a large envelope, not folded. Was very pleased with the service.
Phyll

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 4 Jul 2012 21:11

From personal experience, no probs at all.

Last time I ordered earlier ones could be ordered on-line, otherwise post or fax to which there is an increased but small risk that someone could get hold of your card details.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 5 Jul 2012 22:21

I've ordered loads of Certificates from Ireland by post and more recently line. NEVER had any problems.