Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Newspaper Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 5 Jul 2012 14:25

I have found references/article on my criminal ancestor but cannot seem to be able to print from Genes R in a readable font size. How should I do this please?

Sue

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 5 Jul 2012 16:09

Don't know if this is any use. I found it under Help on the toolbar.

"If you feel that the text that is displayed on the website is too large or too small you can change the size by using the menu toolbar at the top of your screen.

For Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9 click on Page ( in the top right hand corner of the screen) and then select 'text size' or 'Zoom'.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser then go to View > Text size and select 'increase' or 'decrease' to change the size of the text."

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Jul 2012 16:48

Not sure that the text size on your browser will alter the size of text on the printed out document?

Try to copy and paste the document into a word document on your PC, then edit the page and print from their,

Roy

JerryH

JerryH Report 5 Jul 2012 18:49

The best way I have found to print an article is to adjust to fit as much as possible on your screen and then take a screen shot.
If you don't have any screen shot software specifically for the task you can always use the Prnt Scrn button and then paste the image into an application such as Word or Excel

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 5 Jul 2012 19:52

Another way you could do it is the same as I do. Cut and paste into an e-mail to myself and then I can adjust the font that way. Then I send it to myself or leave it in drafts.J