Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing Issue

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luan

Luan Report 27 Jul 2012 15:04

Hello Everyone.
Is there anyone else out there having trouble with printing their censuses??

Recently when i print off a census to keep in my folders it does'nt fill the whole A4 sheet (Landcape view).Now it's very small only covering half of A4 and now have to use a magnifying glass to study it.
I have spent time going through all my printer settings and all is fine.So im wondering if Genes has changed there settings.

Can anyone solve this?

Thankyou
Luan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jul 2012 15:14

If you use GR for research you must expect problems

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jul 2012 18:51

Sorry, my PC has 'lost' the printer, so can't check to see if the same problem occurs.

One way round it is to 'right click' your mouse when it is on the image, then 'save as' and choose a destination on your computer. You can then resize if necessary before printing.

Walt

Walt Report 10 Aug 2012 21:49

For some months I have been having similar problems but it is not consistent. I have not solved other than again to save the image and then fit to page to print. Not sure exactly when the problem started but when I first joined GR the problem did not exist. Another "improvement"?