Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trever george gordon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 1 Aug 2012 20:42

could anyone help me find relations as i have not had much look so far :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Aug 2012 20:45

Born when and where ?

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 1 Aug 2012 21:48

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome to the boards. If you would like help you need to give helpers as much info as possible and also state what research you have already done.

Do not add details of people still living, that would need to be done by personal message (clicking on a members name and sending the info that way).

Add what you know to this thread and I'm sure there will be someone willing to try and help you.

Chris

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2012 08:54

Are you looking for living people?

In which country?

And how are you connected?

There is a marriage in 1945 for someone with what could be the name..............in Liverpool

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Aug 2012 10:57

There are two births for that name with middle initial "G". One in Co. Durham in 1958 and one in Staffordshire in 1965.

Could one of these be the one you are looking for?

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Aug 2012 11:36

Could someone please explain why this was Reported? There was very little information, so nothing to get worked up about.

Dorothy has only one post against her name, so it can't be because of duplication, and until Dorothy returns, no one is 'quite' sure if the request refers to a Living Person.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 2 Aug 2012 11:37

I DO wish that whoever is RR'ing threads would, at least, have the courtesy to add to the thread stating the reason why. They could also let us know if they have contacted the poster to explain the reason behind the RR.

I will send one of my messages to Dorothy but, as she is a newcomer to the boards, she will wonder what has happened.

It's not a great start for someone new to here is it? :-(

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 2 Aug 2012 11:37

SNAP ....DET!!! :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Aug 2012 11:42

I think there should be a rule that if anyone RR's a thread they have to post a reason explaining why, otherwise Genes will consider suspending their membership. This is getting ridiculous.
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Aug 2012 11:46

:-D It is rather unhelpful. After all, its no good 'telling' someone they are 'naughty' unless you also explain what they have done 'wrong'.

We will have to ask GR if they are keeping a note of the Reporters names and taking action if they are over zealous.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 2 Aug 2012 11:53

Read the original post about 30 mins ago - what on earth was wrong with it?

Does the phantom RR'r just hit out at random posts?

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 2 Aug 2012 13:27

It's about time that when someone reports a post, they have to type in the reason they are reporting it which is then automatically entered as another post on the thread with the reporters board name being included. Just as if they were submitting a reply.

Chris

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2012 16:05

As Dorothy has clearly not returned to her post, she is unlikely to have any idea of what all the discussion is about, and will probably find it all very disconcerting, if and when she does return.