Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

100% sure of details.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gillypaul

gillypaul Report 6 Aug 2012 12:57

Help please.
A while ago I saw something on here that stated we could now mark members in our trees, that we are 100% sure of the details on. I cant remember exactly how it was worded, and cant find it now I want to use it.
Hoping someone wil have an idea what Im talking about, sure I didnt dream it. Thanks.

gillypaul

gillypaul Report 6 Aug 2012 13:23

Noticed this has had several views, but no replies. Wondering if its something that was added with the new tree, then taken off. :-( .
Does anyone else at least remember seein it?
Thanks

Thelma

Thelma Report 6 Aug 2012 13:37

I did see it but I cannot find it now.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Aug 2012 14:30

Ask GR.............

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 6 Aug 2012 16:06

I think it was a row of stars on the slide out panel, but it seems to have been removed on the new tree.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 6 Aug 2012 17:13

I never saw the feature but surely if people were not 100% sure of the individuals details in the tree, then they should not have entered them into the family tree in the first place.

Not marking someone in your tree with whatever notation was offered/suggested would in fact be admitting that you were not 100% sure that the details included about them should be there.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 6 Aug 2012 17:31

There is a row of stars against a members name in 'My Contacts' which can be used to suggest, well, I suppose, whatever you like! :-D

Chris

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Aug 2012 21:19

Andysmum is right, but as she says, its gone now.

It seemed a good idea - 5 stars for 'I'm absolutley sure' down to 1 star for 'I'm making this up'

Honest, that was the Legend :-D

gillypaul

gillypaul Report 9 Aug 2012 15:47

Thanks for all the help. I contacted GR direct and it has been removed. Although they also said they would put it forward as a new idea. ???!!! Still baffled on that reply. But, its gone. :-(