Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree problem - purple link lines to spouses

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 7 Aug 2012 09:41

Does anybody else have this problem

All the females in my tree who have had several parners, the double purple link lines are crossing the front of all their male partners. The link lines are supposed to be behind the names.

Find all this so annoying becasue it is so simple to adjust from the source code. :-D :-D

Edit: just for info Windows 7 Explorer 8

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Aug 2012 10:20

Having just looked at one of my Males who had 2 wives.......no, the connecting lines are behind the boxes.

A Female with 2 husbands is also shown correctly.

Do you think that your browser/operating system/Adobe version may not be supported correctly? They might be worth mentioning when you contact GR.

Just trying to think of reasons why some people are having problems, and others not.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 7 Aug 2012 10:47

+++DetEcTive+++ collective ideas may solve the problem - any other thoughts.

The problems are down to operating systems and brousers that I know. But there are versions and updates to be considered as well.

My PC has the same op & br as my laptop - My PC was bought 12 months ago, the laptop was bought in Feb and there are differences. However webdesigners are supposed to know how to include everybody. I find it so annoying :-| :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Aug 2012 10:55

Not really - not a techy person ;-)

Obviously there a number of people whose trees are not functioning correctly, whilst the only problem I have is the occassional error message when the site is playing up.

There must be some common factor?!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Aug 2012 14:31

NanaSue,,

I've just checked my gt. aunt who had three husbands and the lines are behind in their proper place.

Like Det, I have had very few problems with my tree so I agree that there must be a common factor somewhere.

I have checked my tree using both IE8 and Google Chrome. I have Vista on my laptop.

Hope you find a solution.

Cx

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Aug 2012 16:02

Mine are OK. I use Google Chrome, which is pretty good most of the time. I switched from IE8 because there were so many problems, and the GR site kept telling me it would work better if I upgraded.
I use Windows XP and it will not let you upgrade from IE8, so I switched to Chrome - best days work I ever did.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 7 Aug 2012 21:16

Boris - seems to have doen the trick - thks never thought of that.

Actually I turned the compatibilty off and it cleared it.

Love your spider

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 8 Aug 2012 11:01

For problems with GR it has become clear ( to me ) you will have no other option but to use the Google Chrome browser

Roy