Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lancashire Library

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KazzeeH

KazzeeH Report 7 Aug 2012 23:43

Could someone please tell me if the Lancashire County Library has stopped allowing access to people outside the UK. I just tried to rejoin and got an email saying membership is for UK residents only. I was hoping to access their newspapers..

Thanks
Kazz

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 7 Aug 2012 23:47

I had heard that was so, Kazz

Ozi

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 8 Aug 2012 00:04

if you put the details on here Kazz, I am sure someone will look for you

KazzeeH

KazzeeH Report 8 Aug 2012 00:14

Thanks lancashireAnn...I'm not sure if they have newspapers for London in December 1927. Trying to find an article about an accidental death of a cousin who was only 8 months old. According to a relative who has now gone, it was all over the papers, an inquest was held as well as a court case... It involved my Aunt Lilian Carr who was the mother.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2012 09:07

I wouldn't have thought that Lancashire library would hold London newspapers.

Have you tried googling the name(s)?

KazzeeH

KazzeeH Report 8 Aug 2012 09:32

I have Reggie...no luck there...

Adeline

Adeline Report 8 Aug 2012 09:54

The newspapers available via the Lancashire Libraries site are British Library19th Century Newspapers and the Times Digital Archive.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Aug 2012 21:56

I have just had a look and there is nothing for London after about 1913.

KazzeeH

KazzeeH Report 8 Aug 2012 23:11

Thank you for looking Andysmum..:)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Aug 2012 06:45

Try entering the baby's name in this site, click on Advanced Search, dates 1928 to 1929

and see if anything comes up.

The search is free, but you have to have either a sub or pay per view to read more than the first line of the article.

You may be lucky

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search

KazzeeH

KazzeeH Report 9 Aug 2012 07:19

Thanks SylviaInCanada...I searched the London area...no results..Wish I knew what the local paper was for the Spitalfields area around that time.