Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please anyone help in Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 9 Aug 2012 16:04

Hi have relative Kate Cowan who had agood job in firm called something and Cowan, they made fridges then went on to airplace parts ,but we think theres link she may be related to the cowan thank you

tempest

tempest Report 9 Aug 2012 16:50

Hi dutch

was the company Parkinson Cowan?

more info on them here

http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Parkinson_Cowan

dutch

dutch Report 9 Aug 2012 17:34

Hi Tempest
yes that it but we were wondering if Kate was related to the Cowans because of her name and she was some sort of menchenic sorry if its spelled wrong she married William G Mackie

tempest

tempest Report 9 Aug 2012 18:14

W and B Cowan were founded in 1825

they amalgamated with W Parkinson in 1900 and became Parkinson Cowan in 1928

dutch

dutch Report 9 Aug 2012 18:51

Thank you Tempest i will try and find the out more it was chap who was trying to find out to as Kate married of of his family Mackies

Susan

Susan Report 10 Aug 2012 12:34

Do you have a date and place of birth for Kate please dutch.

dutch

dutch Report 10 Aug 2012 19:37

sorry i took so long to relpy i will have alook in my papers and get back to you as soon as i find it and thank you for the reply
Dutch

dutch

dutch Report 10 Aug 2012 20:03

Hi Susan she was 27 in 1902 thats when she married she was born in South Leith Midlothian born Kate cowan morgan