Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 9 Aug 2012 19:24

I use the software on here to build my Tree.However despite my best efforts the add child facility does not seem to be working.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 9 Aug 2012 20:51

I think it's much better to have a Family Tree program like Familytree Maker on your home computer.

William

William Report 9 Aug 2012 21:36

You may well right!I wouldn't mind but the info I found to be added from this morning was snatched almost out of thin air!

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Aug 2012 21:41

William, Is the problem with adding children that you cannot see the SAVE button?

If so then adjust your browser zoom level to around 75%

to adjust zoom level hold the Ctrl key down and use the plus/minus +/- keys

and report your problem to GR using the send feedback or the contact us under the help tab at the top of this page

Roy

William

William Report 9 Aug 2012 21:57

Thanks Roy,I followed your instruction but what is happening when I click on the "save" button is that my Tree completely refreshes!

William Russell Jones.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Aug 2012 22:18

When it refreshes go back and check your tree, If the addition is still missing then contact GR

Roy

William

William Report 9 Aug 2012 22:42

Yes I did try my Tree and have now contacted GR.

William Russell Jones.

David

David Report 10 Aug 2012 15:29

Hi I had the same problem, found that it works fine if I use Google Chrome as my browser

David

David Report 10 Aug 2012 15:29

Hi I had the same problem, found that it works fine if I use Google Chrome as my browser

William

William Report 10 Aug 2012 16:02

Thanks David,I'll have to try it!

William Russell Jones.

William

William Report 10 Aug 2012 17:32

Thanks David,its working great with Google Chrome!

Regards
William Russell Jones.